Thursday, July 13, 2006


I tried my hand at embroidery, and this is the result.I used three different colors of threads,dry brushed the material, then wet it to give an almost waxy feel and add more paint. As is the case with me I read about it after the fact..... and found out that I had done the stitches all wrong. But it turned out ok I think.
The shoe I did it on another piece of material, painted it twotone, sewed around it, then sewed the flower on, added some beads down the side then put batting on the back and applied it to the piece. I stitched green and purple funwire around the words, then added some of my failed attempt at homemade paper, torn up and add to the outside of the piece. Posted by Picasa


smarcoux said...

I think you did a great job Toni

sheshh miss you constantly amaze me .. keep up the practice as it will make it perfect.


smarcoux said...
check these fabric shoes out


smarcoux said...

another intersting site... ok ok enough already I know but thought you would like this one.

Dianne said...

Hey Girly it turned out fab, now put it in you know where...