Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A card with presents

Still in Birthday mode here with just a few more to complete.

I was going to stamp something to do with presents, but I enjoyed making the cat card so much the other day so
once I decided on what I wanted the presents to be delivered on I went to wk.
Gina K's "You Know You're Old When" stamp set kept coming to mind, but that car was just a tad small
for what I wanted. Granny was perfect though, so I stamped it out and
cut her and the bucket seats out, drew a car that was bigger, more room for her and the presents, on the back of the
thin cardboard from some embellishments I had laying around, painted it blue and added a few scuff marks, bling, and
I used a 1/8" & 3/4" punch for the tires and popped them up on the front, I cut one in half for the back tires.

Here is the Gina K. Stamp, and my car.

Then I cut out a 6 squares from my Glitter Mat Stack in different sizes for the presents,
cause presents should sparkle, Right? Popped dotted them on top of each other and added ribbon scraps, bling on one present
and the headlights.

I mounted all this on white glitter pp but it was missing something, so I found
this scalloped piece of, you guessed it, more cardboard from a pkg. of embellishments,
that had a cute pattern on it, and it was green so why not. I then popped it all up and now granny is ready to deliver all
those yummy looking presents to that special little person.

Here is a side view to show the dimension.
That's it for now. Hope you like it.

Thanks for stopping by
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a fantastic idea, great card, hugs Rachxx

Anne said...

WoW! Love it Tonniece!
The colors are fab! Thumbs up!

Dianne said...

Brilliant idea for this card buddy.
Its do freaking cute, love it...

Elena said...

Wow! That is brilliant! I love your idea! The car you draw looks fantastic!And gifts on a top - just perfect!
LOVE IT!!!

Deb Neerman said...

WoWzA!!! LOVE this, Tonniece! How creative and clever ... love that car you drew!

This is one perfect b-day card!!!

Maria said...

wow, that's whole buttload of presents! LOL! Wish I could have that many presents for my birthday! LOL!

Such a cute card Tonniece! It's great to see you blogging regularly again!! Your card is fantastic and awesome job coloring the image!!

Maria

Enfys said...

Like it? I LOVE it
hugs
Enfys x

Allison Rankin said...

A great mix of stamps...super prezzies with the ribbon too!

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

You make me smile:-) What a beautiful funny card! Fantastic idea and realisation.
Have a nice weekend,
Hugs Anja

Risa said...

Your card is too cute!!!! I love the added presents!
hugs
Risa:)

platitudinal said...

Oh, ho, ho ... I love those piles of presents on top of the car! That's just super and endearlingly whimsical. Everything looks popping out (not flat) ... catchy, me like ;)